About Senate District 9
- Deep in the heart of North Texas, DFW (Dallas/Fort Worth) is the 4th largest metroplex in the country.
- Senate District 9 is one of 31 seats in the Texas Senate. Currently, 13 are controlled by Democrats, and 18 are controlled by Republicans (flipping 3 changes control)
- The current incumbent is a Republican; and he has closely aligned himself with the unpopular Gov. Abbott
- The district was 2 points from flipping for Biden in 2020
- The population is 56.9% non-white
- As the lines are being redrawn, we are closely monitoring the redistricting process and are fully prepared to take on whatever the legislature throws at us. (The lungs shape is the current map, and the western chunk is the newly proposed map.)
- Looking for other stats? Check out the incumbent’s Senate Profile, and scroll to the bottom for District Analysis
Gwenn Burud is the best candidate to represent Senate District 9 because she is an everyday Texan who will speak to the issues that are actually affecting North Texans.
Are you in-district? Type your address in the search bar; the light blue is the old map, and the yellow is the new map for 2022. (Green is the overlap)